Applying for the Lauder MBA/MA
The Lauder Institute shares a joint application and admission process with the Wharton MBA Program. Both the Lauder and Wharton admission committees review the application in its entirety.
MBA/MA Admission Requirements
In addition to the Wharton MBA application, Lauder asks MBA/MA applicants to provide the following:
- Lauder Supplement to the Wharton MBA application: Embedded into the Wharton MBA application, this form requests the candidate’s proposed Program of Concentration and Target Language within Lauder. It also provides the opportunity to provide a current Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) rating(s). Information about language proficiency and international/cross-cultural experience is also requested.
- NEW! Lauder Essays:
- In 400-500 words, please discuss why you are applying to Lauder and to your chosen Program of Concentration. Applicants to the Programs of Concentration that involve language study (Africa-French; East and Southeast Asia; Europe; Latin America; South Asia, the Middle East and North Africa) should also discuss what you hope to gain from advanced language and culture education.
- All Lauder students are required to write a substantive academic thesis in their second year to satisfy the MA degree research and writing requirement. In 400-500 words, please describe a topic or research question that you might want to pursue within your Program of Concentration and your reasons for doing so. You will have the opportunity to change topics at a later date, if desired.
- Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI): At least one OPI is required of all Lauder applicants and must be arranged, scheduled, and completed with Language Testing International (LTI). For essential information on the Lauder Institute’s language requirements for admission and graduation, as well as information on how to schedule your OPI(s), visit Language Testing.
- Lauder and Wharton Interviews: Lauder interviews are granted by invitation only, based upon a full review of your application. The interview will focus on your international interests and experience, personal qualities, general fit for Lauder, and ability to start and manage the two programs beginning in early May. Applicants selected to interview will receive communication with details on how to arrange both their Lauder and Wharton interview. All accepted MBA/MA students are required to have a Lauder interview as well as a Wharton interview.
Application Deadlines for MBA/MA Applicants
Applicants to the Lauder Institute will be considered for Wharton in all three Rounds.
Visit Wharton’s website to learn more about the Wharton MBA admissions process.
Note: Because MBA/MA students are admitted jointly into the Lauder Institute and Wharton, students who have been accepted into the Lauder program generally cannot decide to then enroll at Wharton alone. Requests to do so after an admission to Wharton are only considered on a case-by-case basis and not granted automatically. If an applicant is not admitted to Lauder, they will still be considered for admission to the Wharton MBA Program. Applicants can also only apply to one joint degree program at Wharton, i.e. Wharton and Lauder, and not Wharton, Lauder, and Healthcare Management, for example.